Bilingual Career Advisor I (Spanish)
Closes on October 5, 2022
Facilitate job search workshops in Spanish. Act as a conduit to the Latinx community. Provide individual case management education, training, and employment services to a variety of MassHire Lowell Career Center customers to include low-income adults with multiple barriers. Perform comprehensive assessments, individual counseling, job readiness instruction, job development/placement assistance, and transitional support services. Conduct follow-up and track
each customer as they progress from point-of-entry through to job placement. Complete extensive documentation in our database detailing the customer’s career plan and goals.
- Conduct intake, assessments, testing, arranging support services and obtaining eligibility
documentation for program participants.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of contacts with students and progress of students.
- Coordinate service plans for employed program participants to ensure compliance with job
- Identify service needs; participates in a team approach in determining the customer’s suitability
for participation in state and federal grants
- Provide job search assistance to include developing resumes, cover letters, etc. to assist each
customer with their job search.
- Conduct Job Readiness Workshops to prepare participants for employment. Including resume
writing, interview skills, soft skills, social media for job searching etc.
- Provides computer training (Microsoft Office) to teach and demonstrate principles, techniques,
procedures, or methods of designated subjects.
- Perform extensive job development activities and work closely with the Business Services team
to secure permanent unsubsidized employment for program participants.
- Responsible for outreach and recruitment to the Latinx community to reach program enrollment
- Documents all program services, activities and notes in MOSES.
- Maintain participant attendance records.
- Maintain relationships with Community and State partner agencies for referrals to wrap around
- Must be able to meet monthly and quarterly goals/performance standards
Career Advisor I (ATR)
Closes on October 11, 2022
The Career Advisor will perform a combination of workshop facilitation, direct service and detailed administrative duties which assist job seekers in early recovery to prepare for and find employment. The Career Advisor will work with the provision of services provided through the Access to Recovery (ATR) program and may assist with other services including those provided through community-bases agencies and staff working with similar populations.
- Facilitates and Co-facilitates pre-employment workshops virtually, on-site (when available) and on occasion at various locations as needed.
- Identify service needs; participates in a team approach in determining the customers suitability for various grant funded training programs.
- Performs administrative and scheduling duties including intake assessments, screening calls; managing calendars, making appointments, arranging meetings and events; data entry into MOSES database.
- Offers employment readiness counseling and advocacy to participants as needed.
- Maintains accurate, time sensitive, and confidential entries into MOSES.
- Promotes all aspects of MassHire Career Centers, community-based programs, and corrections services and their benefits to program participants and employers.
- Promotes programs and services to the community-at-large and support all marketing efforts including social media and other methods.
- Maintains excellent customer relations with agencies, business partners, and individual customers.
- Maintains strong working relationships with community agencies serving people in early recovery as needed.
Other duties as assigned.