Dress Code/equipment required (out-of-pocket costs)
- Work Boots (Walmart – approx. $40)
- Must wear pants – no shorts
- short sleeve shirts – to tank tops
- Safety Glasses: 1st pair supplied by GLTECH
- High School/GED/HiSET
- MA resident
- Unemployed or underemployed
Training Opportunity: Electricity Program
Starts Monday, June 20, 2022 ends on August 1, 202
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm (some Saturdays-Virtual)
The 210-hour program taught by Master Electricians is “project-based”, and incorporates OSHA-10 Construction Safety training, tool/equipment safety training, and electrical code/theory towards your Journeyman license.
Project-based skills taught include:
- 10-hour OSHA
- Electrical, Ladder and Hand Tool Safety:
- Installing doorbell buzzers and chimes
- A/C Electrical Circuits
- Wiring Diagrams
- PPE Fundamentals of Hand Tools
- Wiring Methods for Residential and Commercial Installations
Participants who attend continuously and complete the program will be eligible to receive industry credentials: 200 hours towards journeyman license and an OSHA-10 Construction Safety card.
Participants will be provided with mock interviews and resume support and be connected with prospective residential & commercial electrical companies for employment opportunities near the completion of the program.
For more information, please complete the form below:
MassHire Programs & Services are funded in full by US Department of Labor (USDOL) Employment and Training Administration grants. Additional details furnished upon request