Welcome to the Summer Work Experience Program 2019
The Summer Work Experience 2019 program will begin on July 8, 2019 and end on August 23, 2019. All participants will be interviewed for appropriateness and eligibility. Participants are required to provide all appropriate documentation.
- Young people interested in applying must be between 15 years of age of 21 years of age at the time of their eligibility interview.
- Also, as in previous years, young people who have participated in a work experience program with MassHire Lowell Career Center in the past will be automatically wait-listed.
- Please note that just because you have signed up for an interview does not mean you will receive a summer job.
- Dress for success to your eligibility interview.
Unlike in previous years, these interviews will be conducted this year at 450 Merrimack Street in Lowell.
Summer Work Experience Program Handbook
Please download and read the Internship Handbook for the Summer Work Experience Program 2019.
- Must be a resident of Lowell
- Must be between the ages of 15 – 21
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be Low Income eligible.
Step 1: Download and Complete the Documentation
1. Complete and sign the Application (Download)
2. Complete the Baseline Program Survey (Download)
3. Complete Fiscal Paperwork (Download)
4. Sign the Policies and Procedures Forms (Download)
5. Sign EEO form (Download)
6. Sign Grievance Forms (Download)
Step 2: Obtain the Necessary Documents to bring to the Interview
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Family Income (Please bring one of the following)
- Free or reduced lunch letter from school
- TANF Recipient – Provide Award Letter
- SNAP Recipient (Food Stamps) – Provide Award Letter
- Foster Child – Provide a letter from DCF
- Homeless – Provide a letter from Shelter/Social Service Agency
- Proof of Age (Please bring one of the following)
- United States Birth Certificate
- United States Passport
- Unexpired Alien Registration Card
- Other (ex. Naturalization papers)
- Proof of Residency (Please bring one of the following)
- Driver’s License / Driver’s Permit
- Employment Permit (Work Permit)
- Current Bill
- Report Card with Home Address – Print out from school
- Picture ID
- School ID
- Drivers License
- Other recognized identification
Step 3: Obtain a Work Permit
If you are ages 15 – 17, you must bring in a completed Work Permit with you to your Eligibility Interview. To obtain a permit please bring in your confirmation for our Eligibility Interview and you will receive a work permit that will need to be complete. Please be sure to bring in a picture ID with you.
Greater Lowell Technical High School Students
All other Eligible Students
Please note: proof of your confirmed eligibility interview is the email you receive once you have signed up for your eligibility interview.
Step 4: Scheduled an Eligibility Interview
Please choose a date below and schedule yourself for an eligibility interview.
Please be aware that eligibility interviews will be conducted at 450 Merrimack Street in Lowell, not at the Lowell Career Center.
We are currently no longer taking applications for the Summer 2019 Work Experience Program.