Summer Work Experience 2022
The Summer Work Experience Program will begin on July 5th 2022, end days and times will vary. Eligible participants are low-income young adults who reside in Lowell or Dracut and are between the ages 14 and 24. Other eligibility applies. This program is a first come, first complete program so following the instructions and following up with additional steps is important.
Summer Work Experiences are temporary placements and monitored by the MassHire Lowell Career Center.
All participants will be interviewed in person for appropriateness and eligibility. Participants are required to provide all appropriate documentation.
- Young people interested in applying must be between 14 years of age and 24 years of age at the time of their eligibility interview.
- Please note that just because you have signed up for an interview does not mean that you will receive a placement.
- Dress for Success to your eligibility interview.
Please download and read the Internship Handbook for the Summer Work Experience Program 2022.
Step 1: Download and Complete the following Documentation
Step 2: Obtain the Necessary Documents to bring to the Interview
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Family Income (bring one of the following)
- Free or reduced lunch letter from school
- TANF recipient- Provide Award Letter
- SNAP recipient (food stamps)- Provide Award Letter
- Foster Child- Provide letter from DCF
- Homeless- Provide a letter from Shelter/Social Service Agency
- P-EBT card
- Proof of Age (bring one of the following)
- United States Birth Certificate
- Un-expired United States Passport
- Un-expired Alien Registration Card
- Other (ex. Naturalization papers)
- Proof of Residency (bring on of the following)
- Driver’s License/Driver’s Permit
- Employment Permit (Work Permit)
- Current bill
- Report Card with Home Address- Print out from school
- Picture ID
- School ID
- Drivers License
- Other Recognized identification
- Other important items to bring
- Report Card or Progress Report
- Court Documents (if applicable)
- IEP or 504B plan (if applicable)
Step 3: Schedule an Eligibility Interview
Please choose a date below and schedule yourself for an eligibility interview at which time you will need to bring all the above documents.
Please be aware that eligibility interviews will be conducted at the New Young Adult Career Center at 115 Merrimack St. in Lowell.